Negotiations Training Skills and Techniques in Rhode Island
State of Rhode Island - Providence, Smithfield and Warwick.
With over thirty years of proven industry experience, the Negotiations Training Center of America is the recognized leader in negotiations training, negotiation consulting and negotiations performance coaching.
Negotiations Training Skills in
It is a given that not all negotiations are the same and some companies may have requirements that are more specialized. While some classes are delivered as off-the-shelf programs, all course topics can be customized to meet particular client needs. We can go into detail on "hard" topics such as how to plan logistics for a successful negotiation as well as how to manage details like time management as well as "soft" topics such as how to understand the importance of body language during negotiations and how to recognize when it is used as a negotiating tactic
Shorter one-hour seminars related to how to negotiate to settle debts with creditors, how to overcome some of the pitfalls related to job-specific negotiations like relocation as well as negotiations surrounding internal counteroffers , how to navigate through the process of negotiating for a home purchase or even how to avoid the most common negotiating mistakes made by women are also available.
Participants who attend our negotiations seminars will learn to:
- Utilize various tools to plan for a negotiation and place an emphasis on individual analysis as well as a deeper understanding of business issues
- Focus on gaining a greater understanding of your own negotiation strengths and weaknesses
- Work through the five phases of negotiations
- Know how to set internal goals and expectations prior to discussions
- Understand the importance of relationships during negotiations
- Utilize a more open and consultative approach to negotiations
- How to sidestep attacks during a negotiation and take an objective view
- Avoid negotiation misunderstandings that can derail discussions
- Focus on seeking mutually beneficial outcomes for both parties
- Use questioning skills to uncover important information during a negotiation
- Know how to manage concessions during a negotiation and do so in a manner that enables you to deal with concessions effectively
- Deal with even the most aggressive and adversarial personalities
- Manage situations when the other party wants to negotiate items that are non-negotiable
- Manage the consequences of failing to agree to a negotiated agreement
- Avoid mistakes that can lead to less satisfactory outcomes
- Overcome deadlocks and stalled negotiation discussions
- Understand how power influences a negotiation
- Deal with dishonest negotiators who utilize tactics like blanketing to pressure others to modify a proposal, competition to lower prices or even artificial deadlines to cause the other party to make concessions
- Know when to negotiate alone with the other party or collaborate with a team to provide a united front
- Circumvent negotiators who continue to ask for more concessions to the end
- Overcome those parties who back out of agreements or try to claim the inability to follow through based on a missing person
- Evaluate and learn from their negotiation experiences
- Manage the critical pitfalls to avoid when negotiating on the telephone
- Deal with recently accepted practices that often come up during electronic negotiations
Rhode Island: Providence and Warwick
Providence, a city of 160,000 people and the first settlement of Rhode Island, is a port city with a colorful past and a present vitality. As state capital since 1901, Providence is home to the Rhode Island Statehouse, which boasts a huge dome ceiling and sits upon a hill overlooking the city. Benefit Street is lined with the restored homes of merchants and sea captains.
Centrally located in the heart of Rhode Island, Warwick is an ideal place to stay and see everything that our state has to offer. Warwick's central location makes it an ideal destination for tourist and business travelers alike. Warwick is a city made up of over 30 villages, each with its own special identity.
Sales Training Seminars in Rhode Island
Providence and Warwick