Negotiations Training Skills and Techniques in Illinois
State of Illinois - Aurora, Bloomington, Chicago, Decatur, Downers Grove, Edwardsville, Elgin, Great Lakes, Hoffman Estates, Homewood, Huntley, Lake Zurich, Libertyville, Minooka, Mount Prospect, Naperville, Oak Park, Peoria, Rockford, Springfield and Willow Springs.
With over thirty years of proven industry experience, the Negotiations Training Center of America is the recognized leader in negotiations training, negotiation consulting and negotiations performance coaching.
Negotiations Training Skills in
It is a given that not all negotiations are the same and some companies may have requirements that are more specialized. While some classes are delivered as off-the-shelf programs, all course topics can be customized to meet particular client needs. We can go into detail on "hard" topics such as how to plan logistics for a successful negotiation as well as how to manage details like time management as well as "soft" topics such as how to understand the importance of body language during negotiations and how to recognize when it is used as a negotiating tactic
Shorter one-hour seminars related to how to negotiate to settle debts with creditors, how to overcome some of the pitfalls related to job-specific negotiations like relocation as well as negotiations surrounding internal counteroffers , how to navigate through the process of negotiating for a home purchase or even how to avoid the most common negotiating mistakes made by women are also available.
Participants who attend our negotiations seminars will learn to:
- Utilize various tools to plan for a negotiation and place an emphasis on individual analysis as well as a deeper understanding of business issues
- Focus on gaining a greater understanding of your own negotiation strengths and weaknesses
- Work through the five phases of negotiations
- Know how to set internal goals and expectations prior to discussions
- Understand the importance of relationships during negotiations
- Utilize a more open and consultative approach to negotiations
- How to sidestep attacks during a negotiation and take an objective view
- Avoid negotiation misunderstandings that can derail discussions
- Focus on seeking mutually beneficial outcomes for both parties
- Use questioning skills to uncover important information during a negotiation
- Know how to manage concessions during a negotiation and do so in a manner that enables you to deal with concessions effectively
- Deal with even the most aggressive and adversarial personalities
- Manage situations when the other party wants to negotiate items that are non-negotiable
- Manage the consequences of failing to agree to a negotiated agreement
- Avoid mistakes that can lead to less satisfactory outcomes
- Overcome deadlocks and stalled negotiation discussions
- Understand how power influences a negotiation
- Deal with dishonest negotiators who utilize tactics like blanketing to pressure others to modify a proposal, competition to lower prices or even artificial deadlines to cause the other party to make concessions
- Know when to negotiate alone with the other party or collaborate with a team to provide a united front
- Circumvent negotiators who continue to ask for more concessions to the end
- Overcome those parties who back out of agreements or try to claim the inability to follow through based on a missing person
- Evaluate and learn from their negotiation experiences
- Manage the critical pitfalls to avoid when negotiating on the telephone
- Deal with recently accepted practices that often come up during electronic negotiations
Illinois: Chicago, Springfield and Rockford
Chicago is a major cultural centre and has a multitude of attractions for visitors. Among the many excellent museums in Chicago is the Museum of Science and Industry. Be sure to ascend the Sears Tower and don't miss Chicago's renowned Brookfield Zoo. While in Chicago be sure to visit the shore of Lake Michigan�the downtown Chicago skyscrapers and the lake help make for an impressive skyline. The lakeshore also offers beaches and other water activities.
Springfield, the capital city of the great state of Illinois � located on historic U.S. Route 66 in Sangamon County, mid-point between Chicago and St. Louis � awaits you! Here you�ll discover a myriad of sightseeing opportunities including wonderful historic sites, world-class museums, unique special events and cultural activities�amidst an All-American Midwestern city.
Rockford, Illinois, was first settled in 1834-1835 by Germanicus Kent, Thatcher Blake, and Lewis Lemon, all of whom came from Galena and established themselves on the west bank of Rock River; and Daniel Shaw Haight, who founded a settlement on the east bank. (Lemon, a slave, later bought his freedom, but stayed in the area as a truck farmer.)
Sales Training Seminars in Illinois
Chicago, Aurora, Rockford, Decatur, Naperville, Peoria and Springfield